WISIONS of Sustainability
The main objective of WISIONS is to make clean energy a default solution for basic energy needs in developing regions, by helping local partners to identify successes and bring them to scale through regional networks, marketing and demonstration. Read more about WISIONS activities, goals and background.
Wind Empowerment’s Third Annual Conference in Argentina
News from WISIONS posted on November 10th, 2016
This conference aims to stimulate international exchange between actors working in the field of small wind for rural development by:
- Facilitating the sharing of specific skills and know-how between participants
- Determining how the collaborative experience of Wind Empowerment could be harnessed to promote small wind in Argentina
- Reviewing the progress of existing collaborative projects and encouraging broader involvement of the association’s membership
- Setting objectives for each working group for the next two-year period by defining new projects and participants
- Electing a new executive board and defining the network’s priorities for the next two years
- Monday (14) to Wednesday (16): Cutral-Co, Neuquén province, at the Instituto Nacional de Tecnología Industrial’s (INTI, National Industrial Technology Institute) laboratory for small wind turbine testing
- Thursday (17) to Saturday (19): Bariloche, Rio Negro province, where the Administración de Parques Nacionales’ (APN, National Parks Administration) renewable energy team is based
New WISIONS Brochure – Spanish Version
News from WISIONS posted on November 3rd, 2016
WISIONS fomenta asociaciones regionales y redes de practitioners para facilitar el desarrollo y la compartición de conocimiento e inducir una diseminación más amplia de soluciones de energías renovables descentralizadas. Se han consolidado cuatro redes internacionales y cada una de ellas se centra en una solución técnica específica para una región.
Estas redes involucran activamente a más de 120 organizaciones y personas que llevan mucho tiempo comprometidas con soluciones de energía renovables centradas en la gente. En esta publicación se describen sus elementos, objetivos y actividades clave.
El cuadernillo se encuentra disponible en linea: Networks WISIONS 2016 Spanish.
English version: Networks WISIONS 2016.
Meet the WISIONS Team at the 8th RedBioLAC Annual Conference!
News from WISIONS posted on October 27th, 2016
RedBioLAC's annual conference provides a dynamic opportunity for interaction between experts, relevant stakeholders and interested audiences in general. The conference format entails not only presentations and discussions about the latest developments, but also training courses on basic biogas technologies, field visits and a biogas fair.
WISIONS is funding the conference and will also participate in this event! More information, including the full conference programme, is available on RedBioLAC's website (in Spanish only).
A short film about the conference is available on Facebook, where you may also find several photos of the event.