The all-around talent in the fight against climate change – by Madeleine Raabe Nature is an all-around talent. It is…
Mutual Learning Workshop for Biogas Consolidation in Costa Rica Report
Asobiogas and WISIONS have published the final report of the Mutual Learning Workshop for Biogas Consolidation in Costa Rica which took place in Cariari, Costa Rica in July this year.
This Mutual Learning Workshop for Biogas Consolidation in Costa Rica took place last July, where WISIONS Team member Willington Ortiz was present and co-organized the workshop. This workshop marked the first phase of a cooperative project that aims at developing and testing an intervention strategy to consolidate biodigestion technology as a real tool to improve agricultural production in Costa Rica.
In the workshop the participants identified five challenge areas for the successful development of biodigestion projects in Costa Rica:
1. Ensure the proper operation and maintenance of already installed biodigesters
2. Ensure quality in the provision of the technology and related services
3. Overcome hindering attitudes of farmers towards the changes implied to the adoption of biodigesters
4. Improve institutional frameworks
5. Dealing with challenging conditions of small farmers
During the workshop, the first two critical areas were prioritized and concrete options for dealing with them were co-designed. The results of the workshop provides valuable inputs for the further implementation of the collaborative project. They also provide a sound systematization of the challenges and potentials that biodigestion features today for the small and medium agricultural sector in Costa Rica.
The full report can be downloaded HERE!