The launch of the capacity building partnership in Nigeria kicked off with its inaugural session. It provided a comprehensive overview of the evolution, trends, opportunities, and challenges within the country's decentralized renewable energy sector.
Our diligent partner, the Hydro Empowerment Network, published their review their work in 2019, presenting you the latest news on micro hydropower actvities worldwide! Read more about the latest stories below! Click here to read the Newsletter directly!
In this edition HPNET reviews stories and activities from 2019, covering a broad variety of events, exchanges and stories. Here is a short overview about all the activities:
- Regional Exchanges with Green Empowerment, gathering with practitioners and Deep Dive Workshop with WISIONS at ACEF in Manila.
- Bilateral Exchanges between different micro hydro practitioners all over Southeast Asia – from Malaysia to the Philipines, Indonesia and even further- to create partnerships and knowledge exchanges!
- In-country exchages in several countries in Asia to advocate and promote micro hydro technology within the countries!
- 2019 Mini-Grid Webinar Series, hosted by WISIONS and Energypedia, focusing on thematic solutions for advancing micro-hydro power. All Webinars can also be accessed here: HPNET Webinar Series
- the Hidden-No-More story series about female change makers engaging in hydropower! Stories about couragoues women with ambitions to overcome gender barriers!
- Micro Hydro Toolkit: A set of technical knowledge exchange tools for hydropower practitioners supported by WISIONS!