Why taking a systems perspective could be the key to success: findings from a meta study.
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) will hold the 4th International Off-Grid Renewable Energy Conference and Exhibition (IOREC) in Singapore from 31st – 1st Nov 2018. Join the Hydro Empowerment Network’s side event on 1st November!
The event is entitled Accelerating Financially Viable Hydro Mini-Grids: A Closer Look at Small-Scale Hydropower in S/SE Asia and will take place on 1st November from 12:45 until 14:00 at Level 4 of the Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Singapore.
Panelists at this event will be:
- Dr. Binu Parthan – principal at Sustainable Energy Associates (SEA), a global consulting and advisory company, with over 20 years of professional experience in financing, policy and technology aspects of clean energy and climate change
- Bir Bahadur Ghale – founder of Hydro Energy Concern Pvt. Ltd., with more than 25 years of experience in the micro/mini hydropower sector
- Dipti Vaghela – Network Facilitator and Manager of the Hydro Empowerment Network
- Bikash Pandey – Director of Clean Energy at Winrock International
- Kapila Subasinghe – Vice President of Specialized Project Lending and the Head of Consulting at DFCC Bank, Sri Lanka
- Adrian Banie Lasimbang – senator for the national government of Malaysia, representing the state of Sabah
- Tri Mumpuni – Executive director of the People Centered Business and Economic Institute (IBEKA)
- Rana Ghoneim – Chief of the Energy Systems and Infrastructure Division at the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- Gerhard Fischer, who has over 35 years of professional experience in the development of hydropower