We invited more than 20 students and young researchers from different disciplines to Kathmandu, Nepal and took a deep dive into the methods and concepts of transdisciplinary research. Here, participants share their experinces.
This year’s event will take place at the Nepal Micro Hydropower Development Association (NMHDA) in Kathmandu, Nepal. This is a region long advanced in micro hydro but recently devastated by natural and political calamity. In addition to learning from Nepal’s micro hydro advances, members have chosen Nepal for the next gathering as a show of solidarity and support for Nepal’s rehabilitation.
The objectives of the network meeting are the following:
- Develop productive relationships and strategy-building among HPNET members, toward country-specific objectives for 2017
- Provide in-person working time for HPNET’s Working Groups (on priorities for technology, policy, and socio-environment development)
- Identify limitations and solutions for improved operations and sustainability of HPNET for the next 3 – 5 years
- Provide an opportunity for HPNET members to better understand the sector in Nepal, including field visits and meeting fabricators and experts
- Provide an opportunity for HPNET members to exchange with international development agencies and alliances