Why taking a systems perspective could be the key to success: findings from a meta study.
The home of WISIONS, the Wuppertal Institute, recently published a compilation of their ten most important peer reviewed scientific publications of 2019. Take a look into transdiciplinary research approaches about international energy transitions, social impacts of energy projects and research on several NDCs. Click here to find the compilation!
This compilation of the most important peer-reviewed scientific publications of the Wuppertal Institute in 2019 covers a broad variety of topics, addressing current issues and developments as well as taking deeper looks into the future. However, the transdisciplinary and international approach of the Wuppertal Institute reflects itself in this complilations, as it covers also different perspectives and also differing scientific approaches of research. But to make it clearer, we would like to outline a little teaser about the content:
- Analysis of current trends, different thematic fields and emerging communities in sustainable energy research by conducting text mining of 2500 abstracts.
- Social impacts of large-scale infrastructure on local communities by the example of a Solar Power Plant in Marocco.
- Environmental potentials of laser beam melting processes for additive manufacturing of mettalic components.
- Future scenarios of greenhouse gas emissions in the electricity sector in Morocco, Tunisia and Jordan.
- Influence of international politics and the Paris Agreement on the governance of socio-technical systems towards decarbonisation.
- Assessment of Indias Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs)
- Digitalisation of the German Energy Sector by the scientific director of the Wuppertal Institute Prof. Dr. Manfred Fischedick