The launch of the capacity building partnership in Nigeria kicked off with its inaugural session. It provided a comprehensive overview of the evolution, trends, opportunities, and challenges within the country's decentralized renewable energy sector.
The Master Course Postgraduate Programme “Renewable Energy” at the University of Oldenburg will be holding its annual workshop on mass dissemination of domestic biodigesters in developing countries.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- The biochemical anaerobic fermentation process
- Biogas for development and domestic biogas
- Biogas Plant Designs
- Plant functioning, dimensioning and proper sizing
- Appliances for domestic biogas (stoves, lamps and household use)
- Practical implications and lessons learned
- Programme functions, instutional framework and cost analysis (Investment & Revenue)
- Biogas in Carbon offset projects and GHG emissions