The launch of the capacity building partnership in Nigeria kicked off with its inaugural session. It provided a comprehensive overview of the evolution, trends, opportunities, and challenges within the country's decentralized renewable energy sector.
A recent field visit to the project site demonstrated the following achievements:
- The pump has arrived from India and is ready for use
- A pipe and other construction material has arrived and the pipe laying is currently in progress; this should take approximately one week to complete
- The construction of the pump building is in progress
- Young people from the local area have undertaken a field visit and can now share the knowledge they have gained with their local communities
- Instruction manuals about vegetable farming and the operation of the equipment have been provided to the community
- There are approximately 70 villagers working on the construction site daily
You can find our SEPS project page here: Using excess energy from existing MHPs to create sustainable income generating activity in Nepal (SEPS 8).
Some new photographs from the field visit are available below: