Our freshly produced video features interviews with our researchers and Nepalese project partners that highlight our innovative approach in Nepal.
Recording of WE & WISIONS webinar on "Small wind for powering off-grid communities–Market assessment methodology and cases from Peru"
On August 5th we conducted together with our partnership network Wind Empowerment a webinar about insights to our research and projects in Peru on small wind energy for electrification of rural off-grid communities. In case you have missed the webinar, the recording is now available here. Click here to read more about the webinar
Off-grid electrification solutions powered by renewable energy technologies are increasingly recognized as the most suitable alternative for reaching a great portion of the 800 million people lacking access to electricity today. In regions with suitable wind resources, and with appropriate planning, off-grid small wind turbines can provide significant contributions to closing the energy access gap.
- How can the potential contribution of small wind for electrification schemes be assessed?
- What should be considered in order to ensure that small wind turbines effectively contribute to close the energy access gap?
- How can the benefits of small wind power be maximised?
- Alfie Alsop (Treasurer at Wind Empowerment executive board; PhD candidate at Strathclyde University)
- Kimon Silwal (Secretary at Wind Empowerment executive board; Company manager KAPEG)
- Heduardo Vargas (Co-founder Microgrids for Sustainability; Project engineer Waira Energia, Peru)
- Jose-Armando Gastelo Roque (Co-founder Microgrids for Sustainability)
- Gandhi Alva (Anthropologist; Head of Community Project Development Area at WindAid Institute)
Willington Ortiz (Research associate at Wuppertal Institute; WISIONS initiative)
All the slides of the presentations can be found here: WEWISIONS Webinar BackgroundSlide 05092020