Insights from our transdisciplinary conference in Kathmandu, Nepal on October 4, 2023.
On 28th of June our partner HPNET will hold a webinar on the topic “Mini-Grid Financing: Enabling the Role of Local Banks” from 3:00 P.M.-5:00 P.M. CEST. Register now!
This webinar – the 2nd in a series of four webinars – will feature banks and financing specialists from South and Southeast Asia who have enabled local banks and local developers in the region to make financing available for small-scale hydro mini-grids. Using specific examples, speakers will present:
- Why and how local banks are critical to replication of sustainable hydro mini-grids
- Incentives for local banks in lending to hydro mini-grids and local developers
- How local banks can build internal capacity to lend to mini-grids
- How local developers can develop the necessary skills to access local bank financing
- How banking regulatory challenges can be overcome
- Roles of government and donors help to accelerate the process of enabling local bank financing.
For more thematic background, please refer here.
DINESH DULAL – Department Head of Energy and Development Organization Department at NMB Bank Ltd. Kathmandu, Nepal
KAPILA SUBASINGHE – Vice President (Specialized Project Lending)/Head of Consulting, DFCC Bank
MARGARITA MANZO – Energy Finance Specialist
DIPTI VAGHELA – Manager Hydro Empowerment Network (HPNET)