The second edition of Revista RedBioLAC for this this year is published. The journal by our partner network for biodigester…
Some of the achievements during the upscaling phase include:
- The creation by Alterna of an integrated communication plan to present to relevant stakeholders (i.e. potential NGOs, funders, local governments etc.). The plan includes a biodigester outreach programme in which Alterna participates in events and fairs, increasing its presence as an alternative energy option.
- As a result, new partner organisations to provide biodigesters to more users have been identified (CEIPA, FEDEPMA, ACGJ, COPROLECHE, CHIVALAC).
- Together with financing specialists, Alterna created upscaling and financing plans with the partner organisations by using insights gained from the initial project phase.
- Working plans with banks, microfinance institutions etc. have been prepared to finance biodigester expansion in Guatemala.
- By systemising information processes and accumulating know-how and lessons learned, Alterna has drawn up detailed guidelines for designing the most appropriate technical, economic and financial solutions for biodigester implementation.
- Since mid-2014, Alterna and Viogaz S.A., an organisation originally from Costa Rica, have come together in a social venture and are working as strategic allies. They are the first socially and environmentally responsible company specialising in biodigestion technology, biogas and bioslurry in Guatemala.
More information on this SEPS project is available on our SEPS project page: Biodigestion systems for small-scale ventures: Enhancing low-carbon food value chains