We invited more than 20 students and young researchers from different disciplines to Kathmandu, Nepal and took a deep dive into the methods and concepts of transdisciplinary research. Here, participants share their experinces.
This conference aims to stimulate international exchange between actors working in the field of small wind for rural development by:
- Facilitating the sharing of specific skills and know-how between participants
- Determining how the collaborative experience of Wind Empowerment could be harnessed to promote small wind in Argentina
- Reviewing the progress of existing collaborative projects and encouraging broader involvement of the association’s membership
- Setting objectives for each working group for the next two-year period by defining new projects and participants
- Electing a new executive board and defining the network’s priorities for the next two years
This year’s conference venues are:
- Monday (14) to Wednesday (16): Cutral-Co, Neuquén province, at the Instituto Nacional de Tecnología Industrial’s (INTI, National Industrial Technology Institute) laboratory for small wind turbine testing
- Thursday (17) to Saturday (19): Bariloche, Rio Negro province, where the Administración de Parques Nacionales’ (APN, National Parks Administration) renewable energy team is based
More information on the conference, including a conference programme, is available here: WEPatagonia2016.